2013 U.S. Book Tour for A MAN WITHOUT BREATH

edited March 2013 in General
We're pleased to announce that Philip Kerr will begin a book tour for A MAN WITHOUT BREATH on April 17. There are 17 scheduled stops on the itinerary in Michigan, Texas, California, Colorado, Arizona, the District of Columbia, Virginia, and Florida. Details are on our 2013 U.S. book tour page at http://berniegunther.com/addpages/us_book_tour_2013/.

If any of you attend any of the events, we'd love to have you report back here on how it goes. And we always welcome photos of Kerr appearances. He gives a great talk so try to make it if you can.

Comments

• Ack! No Canadian dates! Oh well, I hope Gunther fans in the US will help us poor saps out with lots of great coverage.
  • And no New York City dates where Bernie Gunther fans are legion!!!!
  • He's got to hit the Big Apple. I'd think that would be a given.
  • Nope. No public appearances scheduled for New York at this time. We'll keep you posted if something changes.
  • A reminder - get yourself to one of Philip Kerr's public appearances in the U.S. this week or next. You won't regret it! And please report back here if you do attend.
  • I'd like to second the the suggestion of the Moderators. Pictures and info would be greatly appreciated.
  • If any of you are planning to attend any of Philip Kerr's book tour events this week or next and you'd be willing to take a photo or two and send it to us for publication on this site, we'd be most grateful! Also we'd love to have firsthand reports from the scenes!
  • Okay, Californians, here's your chance. Six tour stops in the next five days, three in the L.A. area and three in the Bay area. If you attend any of these events, please snap a photo or two of the man himself and the crowd and send it to us!
  • Reading Prague Fatale. Have read faithfully in order.
    What? No NYC visit?
    I'd even go Garden City to hear Mr Kerr.
    Very disappointing.
  • Just saw Mr. Kerr on the Craig Ferguson show minutes ago. Manic interview but they did manage to touch on some aspects of the books. I'm sure it'll pop on youtube if it hasn't already.
  • And here's Philip Kerr's appearance on Craig Ferguson!

• Thanks, Andrew!
  • My pleasure! I only found out about it a few minutes before it was scheduled to air or else I would have provided a heads up for folks to watch it. But youtube solved that problem. It'll be interesting if he makes it to some of the other talk shows. Has he been on any of them in the past? In the US, I mean.
  • Not that we know of. He was interviewed on CNN Saturday Morning in 2004 about his first children's book. Video is on our Interviews and Appearances page: http://berniegunther.com/addpages/interviews_appearances/

Ferguson seems to like to have fellow Scotsmen on his show. For example the singer Ian Hunter does very few appearances but he does show up on Ferguson's show from time to time.
  • Thanks for the info. We'll have to keep our eyes open for more on this tour. So many talk shows these days and he's crossing the country. Too bad he's not coming up to Vancouver, Canada. I'd be there in a heartbeat!
  • Philip Kerr at Moe's Books in Berkeley, CA, April 24, 2013. Photo by Owen Hill.

• Philip Kerr at the bookstore Murder on the Beach in Delray Beach, FL, April 28, 2013

• Wow! Great shots! Thanks for sharing these.